Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cards from the "Buffet"

Hi Stampers,

While life continues to be busy, I thought I'd share a few of the cards that I had as selections in my first card "buffet". I created 10 cards for the attendees to choose from and they made the 6 they wanted. Here are 2 of those cards - cased from somewhere in the stamping blog world.

This is a card I found on Stampin' Connection - our demo only website and a great resource for Stampin' Up Demonstrators - by the way, have you seen the new $99 Starter Kit - join my team today and customize your Starter Kit! Be your own boss, get a discount on your own stampin' supplies, whatever you'd like to do with Stampin' Up you can! Contact me for more information or click on the Top Left icon on my blog for more information. Anyway, back to my card - I used the You're My Type stamp set from the Occasions Mini as well as the Just Add Cake DSP which is retiring on May 31! I stamped the Typewriter in Basic Black on Whisper White and cut it out. The 3 pieces of DSP are all from the same set - Just Add Cake. The striped piece is paper pierced and I added some So Saffron Brads to match the card base. Basic Black cardstock was also used here.

The second card is also one I saw online. I uses Daffodil Delight and Whisper White cardstock. Unfortunately before I could share this card, the Daisies Big Shot die was retired and is now out of stock, but it's still a cute card. Two daisies make up each of the 3 daisies and I used the Daffodil Delight buttons and White Baker's Twine. The background is the Eyelet Border punch and the Crimper (also on the Retired Accessories list) with Daffodil Delight cardstock. The sentiment is from the "Delightful Dozen" stamp set. I used the Stripes Big Shot embossing folder on the bottom of the card front, as well as Daffodil Delight seam binding.

Make sure you get what you want before it all retires at the end of May!

Keep Stamping,

No comments: