
Hi Stampers,
Today I'm sharing another insert for my Perpetual Wood Calendar, which I had originally created for a stamp camp last year. This year I decided to start adding to the inserts I had already made by celebrating the Chicago Sports teams we love - sports are definitely a big deal in our house and this year we have enjoyed watching the Chicago Blackhawks make it to the Stanley Cup finals which will start this weekend - although with the weather in Chicago in the upper 80's it sure doesn't seem like hockey weather, that's for sure.
Since Stampin' Up doesn't have a hockey set in the current catalog, I had to go into my stash of retired stamps for this one. The Hawks colors are Real Red and Basic Black so I used those. I used the new Square Lattice embossing folder on the Real Red piece. The mask and puck are from the Sporting Goods stamp set which retired a few years ago - with two sons, I always keep retiring sets that have to do with sports - you never know when you will need them! I also used the Big Shot for the letters and it was really easy - I just punched one inch circles and put them over the letters on the Naturally Serif Sizzlit die that I needed and ran it through the Big Shot.
I do plan on doing inserts for all our favorite teams, although I won't wait until the Cubs make it to the World Series to create theirs - who knows when that will happen. In the mean time, we will be waiting for the finals to start - Go Hawks!







1 comment:
You're such a clever girl! Love it!
Post a Comment