Monday, March 19, 2012

Customer Appreciation!


Hi Stampers,

Just wanted to share with you 2 of the cards that we made at yesterday's Customer Appreciation event. I really do appreciate my customers and all the support they give me for my business and this event was my small way of showing them.

I centered this event around the Designer Cuts cards from the Occasions Mini and the Everyday Elegance cards you can get for free during Sale-a-bration. These cards are great when you need a quick card to take to an event or to send a friend in the mail. The first one uses the Everyday Elegance card in Baja Breeze and the Tea Shoppe stamp set from the mini catalog. All I did was stamp the teacups in Versamark and het emboss them in White. The label for the greeting comes with the cards and I stamped it with "Happy Birthday" from A Word With You. I used a Baja Breeze marker to only color the Happy Birthday part omitting "with a cherry on top" since it didn't fit this particular card. I attached the greeting with Stampin' Dimensionals. I want to mention that you do need to use your paper piercer to poke out the die cuts on the bottom but it only takes a minute to do that.

The second card today is from the Designer Cuts in the mini and I got this idea from a talented demonstrator named Brenda. She had the idea of coloring on Vellum Cardstock and putting it behind the die cut image. How do you color this? You lay the vellum over the heart image and color it that way so you can see where you want to place each color. I placed this one on the front of the card and colored it before attaching it inside. This gives a more vibrant color from the markers. If you attach it inside and color it from the back, it's more muted. I used Pear Pizzazz, Concord Crush, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral and Peach Parfait for this one. The card itself is Very Vanilla and comes with a very pretty Blushing Bride envelope. I also added an extra piece of Very Vanilla inside to cover up the vellum cardstock. I used some of the 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon in Blushing Brdie down the side and the greeting is from Loving Thoughts - stamped in Concord Crush on Pear Pizzazz cardstock.

Once again thanks to all of my customers - I do appreciate you!

Keep Stamping,

No comments: