
Hi Stampers,
Last night was our monthly demo group meeting and our shoebox swap theme for this month was 3X3 cards. This size card is great for attaching to a gift bag! We decided that each person would do 2 cards with the same stamps set or accessory. It was great to see all the creativity there and so I thought I'd share my two cards today.
I decided to use the Doily Triple Layer Punch since I had seen it used for a tree on a few blogs, starting with the talented Connie - she's the Connie of Create with Connie & Mary, which is a great place for stamping ideas (see the right side of my blog for a link). Anyway, I used the Doily Triple Layer Punch on the 3rd setting with Cajun Craze cardstock to get the tree and then backed it with a 1.25" circle of More Mustard. The falling leaves are the pieces that come out of the punch when you punch it and I glued those on with Tombo glue. For the tree trunk, I came up with a pattern which I traced onto a sheet of Soft Suede cardstock that I stamped with the Woodgrain Background Stamp in Early Espresso. The frame is from the new Embossing Folder duo called Designer Frames - I cut it out after running it through the Big Shot. This piece is attached to a piece of Old Olive that I put through the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and then flipped over so it's debossed instead of embossed. The card base itself is Crumb Cake. The greeting is Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in Early Espresso on More Mustard and punched with the Word Window punch.
Now for the 2nd card I went with a simpler design which used the Doily Triple Layer Punch on the middle setting to get the snowflake shape - I punched it out of the new Silver Glitter Paper from the Holiday Mini and added an Elegant Eggplant Brad in the center. This was then attached to the Elegant Eggplant scalloped circle from the Perfect Pennants Die which I also ran through the Snow Burst Embossing Folder, also from the Holiday Mini. This is all attached to the actual card which is Whisper White - I stamped the small snowflake from Snow Swirled in the corners in Eggplant and attached it to another piece of Elegant Eggplant in the back.Two different looks for the same punch - hope you enjoyed these small cards - I will be doing a stamp camp featuring these 3X3 cards in 2012!
Keep Stamping,







No comments:
Post a Comment