
Hi Stampers,
I have been making lots of shower cards lately - both bridal and baby and last night we had another fun wedding shower for a friend's daughter who is getting married next month.
The original idea for this card came from my up-up-line Jill who said she got the idea from someone else - I love stampers who share great projects with us. I modified it slightly (in the original I saw the skirt was fabric) and I really like how it turned out.
The colors for the card are Cherry Cobbler, Shimmery White & Silver Metallic. The base of the card is Cherry Cobbler and the actual card that opens is Shimmery White. I put a piece of Silver Metallic on top of that but first I ran it through the Polka Dot Embossing Folder. To make the skirt I used the Scallop Circle Big Shot die and then the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder with Shimmery White cardstock. I cut the skirt into sort of a pie wedge shape. I wanted to make a pattern for the top of the dress so I could use it again. I used the 2.5" circle punch to punch a circle from chipboard and then used it on the sides to make the waist and a 1" square punch to make the neckline. Once I had the pattern I could punch it again on Shimmery White cardstock which I then ran through the Polka Dots Embossing Folder. To do the bow, I used the talented Mary Brown's bow technique using an opened Rhinestone Brad and some White Organza ribbon. I punched a whole in the top and skirt to put the bow through and attached it to the silver piece using Dimensionals. A greeting from Short & Sweet stamped in Cherry Cobbler and the Large Oval and Scallop Oval punches complete this pretty card.
Congrats to the happy couple - Kaitlyn & Zach!







No comments:
Post a Comment