Saturday, October 1, 2011

There's a Big Deal on the Big Shot!

Hi Stampers,

Well, Stampin Up has certainly started October off with a bang - or should I say a Big Shot? Today they announced that anyone who joins the SU family in October will get a FREE Big Shot with their Starter Kit - this would be a great time to join my group of demonstrators! If you already own a Big Shot, you can get $100 in product when you join! Contact me today to get more info on this or click on the top left icon on my blog! Stampin' Up welcomes all types of demonstrators - if you want to BUILD your Stamp Collection or if you want to BUILD a Business, you can be a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I'd love to have you join my group.

As most of you know, the Big Shot is definitely one of my favorite things to use in creating cards. Today I'm sharing a card that I created for my Fall Fun stamp camp and shared with a group last night at a fun workshop as well. I uses the A La Carte Stamp "Leaves of a Tree" from the Holiday Mini catalog. If you haven't checked out the single stamps in the regular catalog and the mini you are missing out! For this card, I stamped the Leaves of a Tree in White craft ink on Whisper White cardstock (that I cut out with the Scallop Circles Big Shot die) and heat embossed it with White Embossing powder. Then I used More Mustard ink and a sponge dauber to rub color onto the whole scallop circle. The ink resists wherever the embossing is (this technique is called Emboss Resist). I attached the image to a 3.75" Pool Party circle that I die cut and then ran through the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder using Stampin' Dimensionals. The card base is Soft Suede and I stamped one of the leaves from Gently Falling in Soft Suede. The DSP on the bottom is Spice Cake and I scored 1/2" from the top and folded it over to get the contrasting Pool Party edge across the top. The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and is stamped in Soft Suede on Vanilla cardstock and sponged with More Mustard.

Again, contact me today to see how you can get a FREE Big Shot (or $100 in product if you already have one)!

Hope that everyone enjoyed the beautiful day we had today after a week of rain!

Keep Stamping!

No comments: