
Hi Stampers,
Hope that everyone had a great Easter weekend with friends and family. We enjoyed 2 great church services on Good Friday and Easter and dinner with family.
The card I'm sharing with you today is for another Create with Connie & Mary Sketch Challenge. I wanted to use the Springtime Vintage DSP because this is the last week it will be available - the fabulous Occasions Mini Catalog items are only available through April 30!
This sketch challenge was a little tougher for me for some reason, but I decided I wanted to use the Crosses of Hope set this week. I took the largest cross in the set and stamped it in Whisper White Craft ink and heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder. Then I took a sponge dauber and some Marina Mist ink to do the Embossed Resist technique - it's one of my favorite techniques and shows the flowers in the cross off really well. I then took my Scallop Square punch and the Springtime Vintage DSP for the squares and attached those to a piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock and attached the cross to that piece with Dimensionals. I then attached that to a piece of Very Vanilla and tied a bow with the Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding (another Occasions Mini Catalog item) and stamped my greeting in Marina Mist. Attaching the Vanilla piece to the Marina Mist card base completed this card.
I think this card is great for a Baby Dedication, Baptism or other religious occasions.
Keep Stamping,







5 comments:
I agree...a little tougher sketch, but you nailed it! I love the cross as the focal element!
This is such a beautiful card! It is so soft and serene! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!
I really like how you used the cross as the main image on your card. This is very soft and pretty. Great for Easter or a sympathy card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!
It really was a tougher sketch but I like how you used the cross as your focal point. Thanks for playing along with this on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!
Perfect religious card that can be used for a variety of reasons. Love the cross! Thanks for playing CCMC!
Post a Comment