Friday, April 8, 2011

Another Challenge Completed


Hi Stampers,

Taking a break from preparing for my Collage Frame Stamp Camp next week to complete another Create with Connie & Mary Challenge.

This time I used Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze and Very Vanilla to create a card with the new Strength & Hope stamp set, which is in the Summer Mini (so only available to Demonstrators at this point). $2 from each set sold goes to Breast Cancer Research Foundation, so I hope you will want to purchase this set for yourself and help donate to a great cause. I used the Rock and Roll Technique on the Butterfly - first I inked up the stamp in Baja Breeze and then rolled it in Not Quite Navy - you never get the same image twice with this technique, which is kind of cool. I stamped the words from the set in Baja Breeze on Baja Breeze cardstock and attached them to a piece of Very Vanilla that I used the Scallop Border punch on. Then I cut out the butterfly and attached it to the Baja Breeze piece with Dimensonals. I used the Finial Press Embossing Folder and my Big Shot for the front of the Not Quite Navy card, tied a bow with the Baja Breeze seam binding, and put it all together for this card.

Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Pretty card. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

Debbie Henderson said...

Love the butterfly in the Strength & Hope stamp set! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb said...

Great card! I just love this set! And these colors are so pretty together! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

How sweet and simple! I just LOVE this butterfly image! Thanks for joining us this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty...that is such a great set! Thanks for playing along with us this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Carrie Gaskin said...

So pretty and great colour choices! Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.