Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Busy Weekend

Hi Stampers,

Hope that you enjoyed the taste of spring because it seems like it's going to be back to winter this week. Today's card reminds me of spring or summer, so I thought I'd share it with you today.

This was one of the cards we made at my Mini Catalog Stamp Camp this past Friday. It uses the Sweet Summer set from the Sale-a-bration Mini Catalog - you can get this set for FREE with a $50 order. Stampin' Up produced a video explaining this card as well. This is a 3X3 card and is great as a gift enclosure card. It uses Peach Parfait Textured Cardstock as the card base. I stamped the image from Sweet Summer in Soft Suede on Watercolor Paper and watercolored the image using Old Olive and Peach Parfait inks. I stamped the bird onto the branch and then again onto Baja Breeze cardstock (using clear mount stamps makes it so easy to stamp the bird onto the branch). I cut out the bird and attached it with a glue dot and then punched the spiral punch on the side. The button and DSP are from the SAB embellishments and DSP you can also get for FREE with a $50 order. I used white crochet thread for the button and then stamped "For You" in Old Olive on Old Olive cardstock.

I had a great weekend stamping - Friday night at my stamp camp and then Saturday at our quarterly group meeting/party. Hope you enjoyed your weekend too!

Keep Stamping,

No comments: