Friday, February 11, 2011

Almost Valentine's Day...





Hi Stampers,

Glad that it's finally a little warmer around here and maybe some of the snow will melt in time for Valentine's Day.

Today I'm sharing something that I was inspired by this year's great Stampin' Up Catalog and Idea book to make - on page 174 there was a project using Christmas Cookie cutters. Well I was out shopping and saw these Valentine's Day cookie cutters and thought I could do the same thing. Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest but it was tough to figure out where to take the pictures.

Anyway, these were really easy to make - I used the Love Impressions DSP from the Occasions Mini catalog. I found it was easier to attach the cookie cutter to the DSP using Crystal Effects and then cut around the cookie cutter to trim the DSP. Then I used the Crop-a-dile to punch two holes in the top of each one and threaded a ribbon through to hang them. I used Real Red Grosgrain and some silver Grosgrain which retired a while back.

With all the cookie cutters available and all the Stampin' Up DSP, there's no end to the ornaments you can come up with.

Enjoy the thawing snow this weekend!

Keep Stamping,

No comments: