Friday, November 19, 2010

Since next week is Thanksgiving...

THIS JUST IN...Stampin' Up! has just announced that an Online Spectacular will begin on Monday, November 22. This will be one week of sales with discounts up to 50% off! FREE SHIPPING on $150 or more orders! You will be able to place orders yourself online or give me a call or send me an e-mail to place an order. I don't know any other details yet! Be sure to check in on Monday, November 22 to see what fabulous sales are available!

Hi Stampers,

Since next week is Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share some projects with you that I made with the Day of Gratitude stamp set from the Holiday Mini Catalog. This great set is of course for more than Thanksgiving, but it was kind of designed for that holiday, so I decided to see how many cards I could make with it.

For this first card, I used Old Olive, Cajun Craze and Naturals White for the colors. I used Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Early Espresso markers to color in the "medallion" stamp with Old Olive, then I stamped and cut out the medallion. To do the background piece for the medallion, I took a piece of Cajun Craze and used the Top Note die in the Big Shot (not my idea I saw this technique on several different blogs). Though it did require some math (or geometry anyway) you turn and cut the piece in the top note die until it looks like this - pretty cool and a nice frame for this piece.

Then I used Old Olive ink on the Old Olive cardstock for the background and greeting and added a strip of Autumn Spice DSP, which coordinates perfectly with the Day of Gratitude stamp set. I finished it off with a Glitter Brad from the Brights, also from the holiday mini.

I hope that we all remember what we have to be grateful for as we approach Thanksgiving! I will share a few more projects in the next few days with this stamp set.


Dawn Dickinson

No comments: