Saturday, March 6, 2010

One of my favorite color combos for this year...

Hi Stampers,

I hope that you are enjoying the warmer weather we've been having - spring must on its way soon! Today I'm sharing a few cards with you that we made at my last stamp camp - we made 5 square cards and a tin to put them in. All of the cards used Whisper White, Old Olive & Rich Razzleberry, which is my favorite color combination this year as well as being the color combo used in my favorite DSP Cottage Wall. The St. Patrick's Day card I shared with you last time was also part of this camp but it used Whisper White, Kraft & Old Olive.

The first card I'm sharing today is made with the "For All You Do" stamp set. I stamped the flowers from this set in Whisper White and heat embossed them with White Embossing Powder. The base of the card is a Scallop Square cut with the Big Shot in Rich Razzleberry. The actual card is Old Olive with Cottage Wall DSP. The greeting is from For All You Do as well stamped on Old Olive with Rich Razzleberry. A knot of Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon completes this card.

The next card I am sharing with you was inspired by a card in Stampin' Success, the demonstrator magazine we receive each month (another good reason to be a demonstrator). It uses the Vintage Vogue stamp set from the Occasions Mini Catalog for the flower, leaves and vine on Whisper White (again using Razzleberry & Old Olive. The card and the background for the greeting (which is from Teeny Tiny Wishes) is Rich Razzleberry and the DSP is from the Old Olive DSP. The center of the flower is a large half pearl from the Pretties Kit. The greeting was punched with the Word Window punch and attached to a piece of Razzleberry punched with the Modern Label Punch.

Hope you enjoy these cards - the flowers make me think it's spring!

No comments: