
Hi there Stampers,
Since today I have reached the 1/2 century mark, I thought I'd share a birthday card with you. 40 was no problem for me, but this birthday is a little tougher to believe (although some days I feel way older than 50!) My younger son thinks it's really funny that I keep getting mail from AARP but I don't think I'm ready for that yet (unless the discounts are really good). I can't believe that he's getting mail from colleges either but time marches on.
Anyway...we made this card as part of my last stamp camp and I got the idea for it from my good friend and downline Barbara.
This card uses Rich Razzleberry, Orchid Opulence and Old Olive, as well as Whisper White and Cottage Wall DSP. It starts with Old Olive and the Square Scallop die for the Big Shot (how did I ever live without the Square Scallop?). The DSP is layered on the Whisper White card. The cake is from the Happy Moments SAB set (one of the ones you can get for FREE until March 31). The cake is stamped on Shimmery White cardstock in Black Stazon and watercolored with Orchid Opulence, Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry. The Rich Razzleberry piece was textured using the Polka Dot embossing folder for the Big Shot and then punched with the 1.75" circle punch and attached to the Orchid Opulence.
A quick an easy birthday card - hope you enjoyed the great weather today - it was warmer here than it was at the Cubs spring training in Arizona - all the piles of snow are finally almost gone!







1 comment:
OMG, not that good of a friend, I totally forgot it was your bday. Happy 50th, we'll have to celebrate! Are you able to leave your bedroom for lunch or is that when you take your nap?
Post a Comment