Thursday, December 10, 2009


Today's card is one of the projects from my Holiday Stamp Camp. The idea comes from a very talented stamper named Patty. Her clever idea was to use the Petals a Plenty embossing folder to only emboss the tree on the card. You do this by cutting a triangle out of chipboard (I used the SU Longboard for my triangles). You put the triangles on top of the Embossing Folder before you run it through the Big Shot. Remember this embossing folder is only available until January 4. After you run the Sahara Sand cardstock through the Big Shot, you have a Pointsettia Tree. Using the negative of the longboard I cut for the triangle pieces, I sponged Old Olive ink onto the tree using a Sponge Dauber and then colored in the berries with Real Red marker. Then I used another sponge dauber (another of my favorite accessories) and the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint over the tree for some sparkle. I used the smaller star punch in Real Red for the top of the tree and used the Shimmer Paint on that as well. The greeting is from Short & Sweet and I used the Modern Label punch for that (it's stamped in Old Olive on Very Vanilla) and the Large Oval punch in Real Red behind that. I love the stamping world, where someone is always thinking of another way to use the tools we have!Stay in and stamp - it's too cold to go out that's for sure! I didn't think that we'd have quite so much winter in just one week.





No comments: