
Hi Stampers,
Today I'm sharing a card that I made for a very happy occasion - a wedding. The groom is one of my son Jordan's good friends and the bride is the daughter of one of my downline (sometimes it is a small world) and they are getting married this weekend. Congrats to Adam & Kristin!
Anyway, this is the card I made for Jordan to take to the wedding. I saw this idea on Stampin' Connection (the great Demo only resource for thousands of card samples). I changed it up a little bit and came up with this card. The colors for the wedding are all brights so I decided to use Melon Mambo for this version, but of course you could use any of our great colors depending on the occasion. I used my favorite new item from the new Stampin' Up Catalog - the Lace Border punch. I punched out two strips in Shimmery White and then used the 1" circle punch for the Melon Mambo behind the lace - it fits perfectly. Then I matched up the lace where the two strips intersect and glued it together over the Shimmery White card and trimmed off the ends of the lace. I used another of my favorite items the Rhinestones to highlight each of the Melon Mambo circles for some bling. The greeting is from the retired set Together Forever and it's stamped in Basic Gray and Melon Mambo.
I have lots of weddings coming up the rest of the summer and fall and think this will be the card I'll be making in many different colors. Congrats to the happy couple!
Keep Stamping,







No comments:
Post a Comment