Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saying Thanks!



Hi Stampers,

Hope everyone is enjoying the Memorial Day weekend! I was reminded by a post from a friend of mine whose son is a Marine serving in Afghanist
an right now what we're really celebrating this weekend and that is to thank our brave servicemen and women around the world and especially those who have given their lives so we can live our lives in freedom (Thanks Dee for that reminder).

With that in mind, I created the card I'm sharing with you using one of my favorite techniques - Inlaid Embossing. The colors for this card are Night of Navy, Whisper White, Real Red and Silver Metallic. The card base is Silver and then I used the Big Shot Stars #2 die to cut out the stars in Red and White. Then I attached them to a piece of Night of Navy cardstock and used the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing folder and actually made it Inlaid Debossing by turning the single "So Many Thanks" stamp. I used another favorite technique for this stamp. I inked up the whole stamp in Night of Navy and then used a cotton swab to take the Navy ink off the parts of the stamp I wanted Real Red and then colored them with the Real Red marker. Such an easy way to get two colors on a stamp.

So Thanks to all those who are serving or have served our country in the military! Hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend!

Keep Stamping,

No comments: