
Hi Stampers,
Well, seems like spring is not here after all, but winter is back - I don't know about you, but in Chicago I am sick of turning the heat back on - not to mention that last week when it was 85 degrees, I decided to put all the winter hats, gloves and coats away, only to need them Saturday when we went to my son's track meet.
Anyway, on to better news and that is that my oldest son's birthday is today so Happy 22nd Birthday Jordan! The card I'm sharing with you is the one I sent to him. I decided that one of the perks of making cards is to tailor them to the person you are sending them too and so the DSP I chose for this card reflects his interest in history (soon to be his Bachelor's Degree in History). The colors I used are Basic Black, Real Red and Very Vanilla. The DSP is from the Newsprint collection and I sponged Real Red around the outside. I attached that to the Basic Black and Real Red card base and then attached a ribbon of Real Red across the front. The HB is from the Engraved Greetings stamp set and I colored the stamp with Real Red and Basic Black Markers. In order to get the shapes for the greeting and backing piece, I used the 2.5" circle punch for the greeting and then cut off the top and bottom of the circle. I did the same for the Basic Black piece, using the 3" Big Shot Circle Die, but I attached the Very Vanilla piece to the Black Circle before I cut the top and bottom off to make sure I didn't cut off too much. I sponged the greeting with Real Red and I was finished.
Hope everyone has a great day and especially Jordan!







1 comment:
Great card, I'm sure he'll love it! I like the whole circle thing you did for the greeting.
Post a Comment