Thursday, May 26, 2011

May Showers - Springtime Flowers


Hi Stampers,

Well here in Chicago, we've had lots of rain for our springtime flowers - too much rain in the last week or so. But the flowers and grass look good, that's for sure.

Today I thought I'd share a few flower cards with you - they are made with the new Fabulous Florets set from the Summer Mini Catalog. The first card was created by one of my talented downline Barbara and she brought it to a shoebox swap I was at last month and then it was one of the projects at my recent Spring Stamp a Stack Stamp Camp. It also uses the Flower Garden Embossing Folder for the Big Shot. The colors for this card are two of this year's In Colors - Poppy Parade and Pear Pizzazz as well as Whisper White. The leaf is stamped full strength in the center of the White and then stamped off on the sides. The flower is stamped on a separate piece of White and then cut out and attached with Dimensionals. The Poppy Parade piece is punched with the Scallop Border punch. The greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes is stamped in Poppy, punches out with the Word Window Punch and attached to a piece of Daffodil Delight punches with the Decorative Label punch. Very tiny pearls are attached to the sides of this piece.

Then I changed up the idea for this card for a challenge on the VC Rocks website and here is that card. I uses the same idea but in Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi & Pretty in Pink. The background on the Early Espresso card is Wild Wasabi DSP from the Subtles DSP stack and the ribbon is the 1/8" Taffeta ribbon in Early Espresso. The Thank You sentiment is from All Holidays.

Keep Stamping,

No comments: