Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer is flying by too fast...


Hi there Stampers,

Today's very hot weather reminds me that it's August - flowers are starting to look a little parched and it's time for the kids to go back to school. Today's card share is one I did as a swap for the Conventional I went to last week. It uses lots of things that are new in this year's catalog. The colors are Whisper White, Basic Black and Daffodil Delight, one of my favorite new colors.

The Daisy is made with the new Extra Large Scallop Circle punch and the Large Scallop Circle Punch, as well as the Boho Blossoms punch for the Black center and for the Daffodil Delight piece in the middle, I used the Finial Press Embossing folder to texturize the center and punched it with the 3/4" circle punch. After you punch the Scallop Circles, you cut into each petal on both for the Daisy. I also sponged Daffodil at the end of the petals. I attached the daisy to a piece of DSP from the Neutrals DSP stack in Basic Black after tying a knot with the new narrow 1/8" Taffeta ribbon in Daffodil Delight. The greeting is stamped in Basic Black on Daffodil and is from the new stamp set called "A Word for You".

Enjoy the rest of your summer!


Dawn Dickinson

No comments: