Hi Stampers,Hope you are enjoying the somewhat cooler and less humid weather we are having in Chicagoland this week! We are leaving the A/C on because it is allergy season at our house. My husband had a major allergy attack on Sunday when we were out at our niece's first birthday party - the card I made for her is what I'm sharing with you today. It's been a while since I made a first birthday card and I enjoyed making this one for Evelynn.
I was inspired to make this card after seeing the sample on page 91 of this year's Catalog - the sample there is for a boy but using the same stamp set I made a card for a girl. The stamp set is called Family Accessories and I used the Soft Subtles DSP Stack for the backgrounds behind the teddy bear and ballet outfit. The balloons are on Pretty in Pink cardstock and I "faux stitched" it with Soft Suede. The balloons are watercolored in Bashful Blue, the teddy bear in So Saffron and the tutu in Pretty in Pink - all are stamped in Black Stazon on Whisper White, watercolored with Classic Ink and a Blender Pen and cut out. The number one is from a retired stamp set called Alphabet Attitude and is stamped in Certainly Celery and attached to a piece of Soft Suede cardstock with a silver clip from the Clip Assortment. The Happy Birthday is from the Family Phrases stamp set stamped in Soft Suede on this Crumb Cake 3"X6" card.
The sample in the catalog was a great idea and this shows how you could use this card layout for any age by changing the colors and stamped images.







No comments:
Post a Comment