Well I enjoyed a wonderful weekend in Milwaukee stamping both Friday night and all day Saturday - another wonderful perk of being a Stampin' Up Demonstrator. I even won a Stamp Set in one of the Door Prize giveaways - actually we were a very lucky table - 4 people out of the 6 at our table won door prizes. Pretty good when there were 500 demonstrators there! I'll be creating something using that set in the near future as well as sharing the projects we stamped too - need to spend some time scanning those into my computer. We had a really great time...friends, stamping, food, outlet mall...what could be better? Wouldn't you love to join my group of demonstrators? I'd love to share the information about joining Stampin' Up as a demonstrator...just ask! If you join between now and May 31, you will receive 2 great DVD's of Workshop Wows to get you started creating great projects - see my left sidebar for more info and contact me today!

I thought I'd share a sample I did a while back with one of the sets that's on special this month - 5th Avenue Floral. This card uses a cool technique called "Reinker Spread". The flower is stamped in Whisper White Craft Ink and heat embossed on Shimmery White cardstock. You use an Aquapainter to get the flower very wet and then use it to spread several colors of reinkers which then spread across the flower because of the water. You do need to let the flower dry which I like to do by leaning it upright so the extra reinker drips to the bottom - I like the effect better.
This card uses Pretty in Pink and Rose Red cardstock and inks as well as the Rose Red Wide Stitched Ribbon and Sincere Salutations for the sentiment.
Let me know if you'd like to take advantage of one or more of the sets on this month's special - you can see more about it if you click on the Two Step into Spring tab on the left side of my blog!







No comments:
Post a Comment