
Hi Stampers,
I hope that everyone is having a good week - lots going on here - I used to think May was busy but this year it's been April. I've been busy stamping and have 2 cards to share with you today - both are the same card, but different colors.
This week was my monthly meeting with my Stampin' Up demonstrator friends - we did a shoebox swap using a set from this month's "Two Step into Spring" special - don't forget to take advantage of this sale where 4 sets are discounted during April - see my sidebar icon for the details.
I decided to use Fifth Avenue Floral for my card. This is a 3X6 card in Bashful Blue. I stamped one of the flowers from this set in Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White inks. I used the Eyelet Border punch for the border and put a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock behind the Bashful Blue. I used the Big Shot Lots of Tags Sizzlit to cut the backing piece for the greeting, which I stamped in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White and then sponged the edges with Bashful Blue and punched out with the Wide Oval Punch. The Thanks is from the Thank You Kindly stamp set.
The second sample uses the same design only this time in Pretty in Pink and Bas
ic Grey. This time I made it into a wedding card using Best Wishes from Short & Sweet on Whisper White, sponged with Pretty in Pink. I punched it out with the Large Oval Punch. The backing piece is Basic Grey punched with the Scallop Oval. I stamped the flower the same way using Basic Grey, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White and added some of Stampin' Up's Organza Ribbon as well.I wanted to show you that you can use the same design to create many different looks for your cards. The original design for this card was one that I had actually done last year with different colors and it was great to re-visit it this year.
Happy Stamping!







No comments:
Post a Comment