Monday, February 6, 2012

Shadow Boxes

Hi Stampers,

Well now that the Super Bowl is history, we can get to the next holiday on the calendar - Valentine's Day. Today's share is from my Shadow Box Stamp Camp, which I held in January. At this camp, we made 6 inserts for a 5X7 Shadow Box Frame. I got the original idea for this back last summer at one of my upline Susan Gardner's events and then added to her original idea.

I thought I'd share two of the inserts with you today since one was for winter and one is for Valentine's Day. I am showing them to you while they aren't in the Shadow Box because the glare from the glass meant the pictures weren't very good.

The first one is a winter-themed one that was from Susan's event - although "Let it Snow" is kind of ironic for us here in Chicago this year because we really haven't seen much of that this year. I decided to use Stampin' Up's Silver Glimmer paper for the center snowflake which is the Big Shot Snowflake #2 die and then the smaller snowflakes are Marina Mist and I used the Northern Frost Decorative Strip Die and the letters are also Marina Mist and I used the Naturally Serif Decorative Strip Die. The center of the large snowflake is a Clear Rhinestone Brad and the centers of the Marina Mist snowflakes are from the Basic Rhinestones kit. It's very blingy in real life.

The second insert is for Valentine's Day and uses the Red Glimmer paper. I took the Heart to Heart punch and punched the line of hearts and used the hearts I punched out as accents. The "Love" stamp is from the Sale-a-bration set called Outlined Occasions - I watercolored it with Real Red. All of the inserts we created are on Basic Black cardstock and I used Velcro on the back of them to attach them to the shadow box so they could be changed out easily.

I'll be posting more of the inserts we made over the next few weeks. Hope to see you at my next Stamp Camp on February 24 where we'll be creating some great 3X3 cards.

Keep Stamping,

No comments: