Thursday, December 30, 2010

Now it's time for Christmas leftovers...


Hi Stampers,

Hope that you all enjoyed a great Christmas weekend. I wanted to share just a few more of the cards I have made (these cards are directly from the Stampin' Up catalog). But I know when I do my Copy the Catalog stamp camp in June, we won't want to make Christmas cards so I'll share them with you now.

The first one is from page 32 of this year's catalog and uses the Big on Christmas stamp set. This card is actually 8X4 and the card base is Real Red Textured cardstock. The other colors are Old Olive for the Scallop Trim layer and Confetti White for the Noel layer since the Confetti and Naturals cardstock are easy to Watercolor (and a better choice than either Very Vanilla or Whisper White because those cardstocks are Ultrasmooth). Of course our watercolor paper would work as well. I stamped the Noel in Black Stazon and watercolored with Real Red, Old Olive and Bashful Blue and accented it with one of the Bold Brights buttons tied with Crochet Thread.

The second card I'm sharing is from page 42 of this year's catalog and uses the Serene Snowflakes and Many Merry Messages stamp sets. The colors for this card are Night of Navy, More Mustard, Old Olive & Real Red - the snowflakes are stamped on White Naturals cardstock in those colors.. The greeting is stamped on White Naturals and trimmed and then to get the "pennant shape" I used the Photo corners punch. The accented snowflakes are More Mustard stamped in Real Red and cut out and attached with mini brads. Old Olive Satin Ribbon tied with Linen Thread completes this card.

Hope you all have a very Happy New Year! See you in 2011!

No comments: