Wednesday, December 15, 2010

All Christmas, all the time...


Hi Stampers,

I hope that you are shopping til you drop or maybe like me you're all done with your shopping for this year (YEA!). Anyway, with the weather being really cold here in Chicago it's nice to be inside blog surfing and finally posting something new to my blog.

Today's project is an ornament that I made for a craft show I participated in last month. I saw the idea on someone's blog, went to a local craft store to buy the ornaments and here is one of the ones I made. I painted the ornament with light blue craft paint. After it dried, I used the Embossing Buddy on the ornament because I heat embossed Dasher with White Embossing Powder after stamping it in Versamark ink. After embossing, I used some kind of paste to make the snow - it's kind of like spackle and you use a spatula to put it on the ornament. After that was dry I sprayed the ornament with a sealer and while it was wet I added some Dazzling Diamonds for bling. A blue ribbon ornament hanger completes the ornament. This one is hanging on our tree this year. I do like making different types of ornaments so this won't be the last one I share this Christmas, especially because I cleaned the office/stamp room today so I can find everything I need to make some other types of ornaments.

I'm off to my annual party with my fellow demonstrators - I'll share the gift I made for this party next time - can't wait to see what everyone came up with this year!

Enjoy the season!

Dawn Dickinson

No comments: