Saturday, September 18, 2010

Love that Owl Punch!

Hi Stampers,

Sorry I haven't posted recently - the first few weeks of back to school have been really busy at my house even though I only have one son at home going to high school. My volunteer activities at school and church and life in general have kept us busy not to mention those always pesky computer problems that seem to keep cropping up.

Anyway, the card I have to share with you today is one I made for a swap in August and even though I'm not a big Owl or bird fan, I just love this new Owl Punch. You can have so many different looks for the owl just by the colors you use. For this card, I used the Woodgrain background stamp in Early Espresso on Crumb Cake (this is my absolute favorite color now). Behind the owl is a Real Red Large Scallop Circle punch (another great new punch) and the leaf is Old Olive from the XL Bird Punch. The owl is punched in Early Espresso with Crumb Cake for one layer of the eyes and then a layer of Early Espresso. The front of the owl is a piece of Playdate DSP. I used Googly Eyes for the eyes instead of the teeny punches that you could use from the punch. The Happy Birthday stamp is from Family Phrases and is punched with the Word Window Punch and the piece behind the greeting is punched with the Modern Label punch. I love all of our punches and how much they add to cards!

Keep Stamping,





Dawn Dickinson

No comments: