I know I've been kind of MIA the last week or so but I was coordinating a wedding for a good friend of mine's daughter and so I've been busy - stamping and coordinating. I'll be sharing more about that later this month!
I did want to share something from the new catalog with you today - make sure if you don't have your copy yet you can click on the icon on the left side to see it - it's a great catalog and idea book this year as always.

Now for today's card - all Stampin' Up demonstrators received this hostess set for FREE last month when we placed an order - it's called Because I Care and features one of my favorite flowers - the Hydrangea. I like these flowers because depending on the soil where you live they are different colors. I have one in my yard that is this color - Bashful Blue but my neighbor has one that's more pink/purple. This card is a "Z Card" because you score it at 5.5" for the center and then you score one side at 2.75" and fold it back. I used Bashful Blue cardstock and did the stamping in one of our new colors - Early Espresso. I stamped the small flower on Bashful Blue and cut them out for the greeting piece. The flower border on the right side of the card is from the stamp set as well. I used Stampin' Pastels to give the flower more color - you will even be able to get Stampin' Pastels in a "New Color Kit" soon so you can color in the new colors too.
I changed the greeting and made this a birthday card for some of my good stamping friends this month as well - it's a versatile set and you can just stamp a whole page of hydrangeas and cut them apart as you need them.
Keep Stamping,







No comments:
Post a Comment