Hi Stampers,Well, I hope that everyone had a fantastic July 4th weekend as we celebrated America's 234th birthday. I know that I am grateful for all the freedoms we enjoy and those who are serving our country right now and have served in the past. Having just returned from vacation in several historic sites out east - George Washington's home, Gettysburg, Thomas Jefferson's home I do appreciate our America's beginnings a little extra this year. We had a good weekend with family and friends and fireworks.
I think I have finally got my scanner problems solved thanks to a friend fixing things so hopefully I won't have to delay any more blog posts.
Today's post is another in the series of Perpetual Calendar inserts and celebrates July 4 or any other of our patriotic American holidays. I designed this insert as part of the original stamp camp where we made 6 different inserts.
This idea does use a recently retired color - Brilliant Blue. However, you could easily substitute Night of Navy to go with Real Red & Whisper White. I used Brilliant Blue ink to wheel the Classic Stars Wheel on the Backing Piece. Then I used the Big Shot Top Note Die to cut both the Red piece, blue stripe and the white stripes for the bottom, which I cut by hand. The small star punch (also recently retired) was also used.
Hope you had a great time celebrating the 4th!

Dawn Dickinson







No comments:
Post a Comment