Monday, July 26, 2010

Good to be reconnected...

Hi Stampers,

After the recent rains & flooding in the Elmhurst area, I am glad to "connected" again. During Friday night's storms, part of an apple tree in our back yard came down and pulled the cable right off the pole - so we had no TV or Internet until today. I know that others are dealing with much more than that and I do feel badly for all those who are flooded - back in 1987 we had 18 inches of water in our house (not the one we live in now) so I have been there and know what a disaster that is. I hope that everyone without power has it back on soon too.

Well, now that I'm back on-line, I wanted to post a card I finished today while cleaning off the desk in my office - again! This was a birthday card I started over July 4th weekend and never finished. I used Night of Navy, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock and inks. I used the Square Lattice embossing folder and then put both the red and white cardstock through the Top Note die for the Big Shot. I punched the stars from Night of Navy and then stamped some stars from the "Starring You" stamp set and cut them out. The celebrate is from the "On Your Birthday" set - I used the Night of Navy marker for only the Celebrate saying - omitting the "Let's" part of the stamp. Thought this would make a good masculine birthday card.

Keep Stamping,

Dawn Dickinson

No comments: