Monday, September 2, 2013

Flipping for the Thinlit Dies for the Big Shot!

Hi Stampers,

Can't believe it's already Labor Day - where did the summer go?  Well in our house it's been Renovation Summer as work on my kitchen continues!

But on to stamping and one of the new products Stampin' Up announced at convention this year - the Thinlits dies for the Big Shot - these dies allow you to make flip cards so easily - here's one I made a few weeks ago for a baby shower the first picture is the closed card and the 2nd is after you open it up:


The great thing about these dies is that it scores and cuts the cardstock for you.  All you do is add the embellishments - in this case I used the new stamp set "Zoo Babies" to go with the theme of the shower (Congrats Bill & Michelle!) and the Sweater Weather DSP from the Holiday Catalog and the colors that go with the DSP:  Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Crushed Curry and Very Vanilla.  I also used several of the Circle Collection Framelits for the different sizes on the Circle piece.  The stamp set for the inside sentiments is the retired Occasional Quotes stamped in Early Espresso.  I used the new Hexagon punch to create the tails on the greeting banner on the front - it makes the tails look a little different than the square punch - can't remember which set I got the Congratulations from.

Hope you enjoyed this card and your holiday weekend!

Keep stamping,


No comments: