Thursday, August 18, 2011

Firsts & Lasts

Hi Stampers,

I can't believe how time flies, but today my younger son started his senior year at York HS. Since he was 2 weeks old when Jordan started kindergarten, Shane has been at school for almost his whole life!

So I thought I'd make a school card for today's share and show you his first & last first day of school pictures - I'm sure he's glad to be done with our tradition LOL.

We are so proud of the young man Shane has become!


With school in mind, I thought of this image from the Greeting Card Kids stamp set. This set reminds me of the "Dick & Jane" books that all of us of a certain age used to read in school. This set also reminds me that much to my sons' amazement, I told them that I had to wear dresses to public school until I was in 5th grade, even in the snowy Chicago winters. They couldn't believe that.

The colors for this card are Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Real Red, Cajun Craze, Basic Black and Crumb Cake. First I stamped the image in Black StazOn on our Watercolor Paper so I could watercolor with blender pens and ink. I also used the Blush Blossom marker to watercolor the image as well. Then I stamped the school bus image from Every Little Bit on the Daffodil and colored in the heart with Real Red marker. I used the 2.5" circle punch to punch out the image. I also took a strip of Real Red and a 3" circle (Big Shot die) and used the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder for the Big Shot for some texture. I attached the whole thing to a Marina Mist card and it was finished.

A retro kind of card for a nostalgic kind of day. I know Shane will have a great senior year! I just said to my husband today that I don't remember a year that it wasn't sunny on the first day of school and today didn't break that streak - our weather is gorgeous today.

Keep Stamping,

No comments: