I am participating in a Blog Hop this weekend for a great group of stampers called VC Rocks! This weekend's Blog Hop is all about the Big Shot. You may have come from enjoying the great projects on Shari's Blog or you may be starting with my blog. Just click on the link at the bottom of this post to go to the next blog for this hop! The Big Shot is my favorite product and I love thinking of projects to show it off!

This first project I'm sharing with you could be used for an anniversary or wedding card. The colors for this card are: Shimmery White, Elegant Eggplant and Metallic Gold. I used the Lattice Die and Metallic Gold cardstock for the lattice. To give it some extra shine, I also sponged some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint on the lattice. Then I took my Boho Blossoms punch with some of the Shimmery White and punched out the white flowers and the Itty Bitty Shapes punch in Elegant Eggplant for the centers of the flowers and finished them with Gold Brads. The Congratulations stamp is from the new Level 1 Hostess Set Swirls & Curls Verses stamped in Elegant Eggplant.
The next project i
s made with the soon to be retiring Baskets & Blooms set - this is a great treat holder or shower favor for summer. I used Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise and Melon Mambo for this Beach Bag. After I used the Big Shot for the Basket Pieces in Crumb Cake I ran them through the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. Then I ran the Melon Mambo and Turquoise through the Baskets & Blooms die for the flowers and attached them to the basket.Then I used the Melon Mambo buttons from Sale-a-bration for the centers on the Turquoise flowers. A piece of Tempting Turquoise Ribbon (which was retired but is now back in the new Catalog) finishes this Beach Bag.

The next card is for Father's Day and uses the Top Note Die as the pocket card insert. The colors for this project are Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso and Naturals White. I used two different patterns from the Nautical Expressions DSP from the Summer Mini for the background and pocket of this card as well as using the Tasteful Trim die for the Not Quite Navy "rope (at least that's what I thought it looked like). I stamped "Happy Father's Day" from Best Dad Ever for the greeting and used one of the Square punches for the pennant shape. An Early Espresso button and some of the new Baker's Twine complete the front of the card. I stamped the Top Note piece with more of the stamps from this set - the Compass in Cherry Cobbler and the ship colored with Stampin' Write Markers in Cherry Cobbler and Not Quite Navy.
The last pr
oject I'm sharing with you is my version of the Ice Cream Cone which others have shown on their blogs. For this project, you use the Petal Cone die for the cone in Chocolate Chip and then run it through the Square Lattice (one of my favorite dies) to give it some texture. The scoops for the ice cream cone are also found on the Petal Cone die - one is Certainly Celery DSP and Pretty in Pink, which I ran through the Elegant Lines embossing folder. The greeting is from Swirls & Curls Verses Hostess stamp set.I hope you've enjoyed these projects and if you'd like to see the other blogs on the hop, follow this link to Robin's blog, where I know she'll have great projects to share with you.







18 comments:
Fantastic job!! Now you made me want an ice cream cone but it is only 6 AM here. Oh well, there is always later. TFS
Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy
Great ideas- loved the ice cream cone and of course the one Big Shot die I own is retiring but I have some thoughts for projects anyway LOL
Wow, thanks for the great ideas. Loved the textured ice cream!
Love the projects! The ice cream cone is too cute. TFS
Great ideas, I am so sad that the baskets and blooms is retiring, I have hardly used mine. Thanks for the great projects.
Great ideas. I am sad to see the basket die go. But I will be using it for personal projects.
Cute projects! I love that first card. Don't have that die and need to get it.
Robbie
Great projects! Thanks for the reminder to use some of my dies that have been "resting".
What a pretty set of projects Dawn--I'm especially taken with the lattice die trellis. . . .
cute cute projects!!
What a yummy looking ice-cream cone
Dawn, these are fabulous projects. The congrats card is gorgeous!!!
Wonderful! Loved the Open Sea card.
Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers
Great projects! I do love that Lattice Die and you did it up good!! Cute ice cream cone and the texturing.
Impressive bunch of ideas - thanks for the specific directions!
great projects Dawn, thanks so much for sharing,.
Awesome job, my favorite is the ice cream cone.
Oh my! Great projects! I sooo need to get out my lattice die and put it to work! TFS!
Post a Comment