Saturday, June 4, 2011

All Graduation, All the Time...


Hi Stampers,

This week I have been busy stamping graduation cards - I think I made about 8 in all and so I decided that I should start showing them to you so here's the first in the series.

This card was made for a recent college graduate, who is one of my son's friends and whose mom is a friend and customer of mine. I decided to use Night of Navy and Brushed Gold as the colors, along with Whisper White.

Currently the only graduation "stamps" we have are the Go Graduate set in My Digital Studio so when I created Graduation cards I have to reach back to my collection of retired stamps including the sentiment here, which was a single stamp available last year. I stamped it in Night of Navy and attached it to a piece of Metallic Gold. Then I punched out 3 Large stars (Retiring List Alert...this punch will be unavailable by July 1. I attached the stars to the piece of Night of Navy and ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder - this is my favorite technique right now - Inlaid Embossing. Then I attached it to a piece of Metallic Gold and then to the Night of Navy. I will miss that Large Star punch, that's for sure!

Keep Stamping and Stay Cool - it's hot out there today in Chicagoland!


No comments: