Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas Wedding Bells


Hi Stampers,

I'm sure that there's snow where you are - they just said that right now there is snow in 49 of our 50 states - must be Hawaii that escaped. Glad our snowstorm was only one day and only 4-5 inches of snow.

Today's card share is a card I made for a wedding Open House we went to for a friend's son who was married out of state - congrats Luke & Jessie!

This card is fairly simple - it uses Real Red, which was the color for their Christmastime wedding. I used the Big Shot Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit, which is great because it cuts and embosses your cardstock all at once. The background piece is from last year's Bride DSP, but you could use the current Presto Patterns DSP instead. The greeting is from one of this year's Sale-a-bration set "So Happy for You" which is stamped in Real Red on Shimmery White cardstock. I used the Modern Label punch for the greeting and a sponge dauber around the outside with Real Red ink. The saying is too long for the punch, so I used the technique where you feed one side of the cardstock through the punch in order to make it the right size. The ribbon is White Organza.

Enjoy the snow!

Dawn Dickinson

No comments: