Saturday, February 6, 2010

Valentine's Day Treat Box

Hi Stampers,

Thought I'd share another of the Fun Folds from last week's stamp camp. This easy to make treat box has been around for a while and I know I have another sample of it around somewhere, but I think it looks especially good for Valentines Day with the I {Heart} Hearts Set as well as the new Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit. The I {Heart} Hearts set is the one that Stampin' Up is donating $2 for each set sold to Haiti earthquake relief. So far this month, almost 7,500 sets have been sold! Anyway, this box is made by using a square piece of cardstock (this one is 9 X 9"). You score it into thirds both ways and then score a diagonal in each of the four corners. I decorated each of the 4 panels using Sending Love DSP, the Full Heart punch and the Embosslits in Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. I stamped the other hearts, cut them out and used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop them off the back heart. To close the box, you punch holes in the top of the sections and thread grosgrain ribbon through and tie it. The tag is made with Teeny Tiny wishes and the smallest heart from the I {Heart} Hearts set punched out with our new small heart punch. I punched the greeting with the Large Oval punch and the Scalloped Oval Punch. Fill it with candy and your're ready to give it to someone you love this Valentine's Day.

No comments: