Monday, February 22, 2010

A Date with some Daisy Scouts

Hi Stampers,

Just wanted to share a few very simple projects with you tonight. I was asked by one of my good friends if I would provide 2 crafts for her first grade daughter's Daisy troop and so I thought it would be a great excuse to use my Build-a-Bear stuff and so tonight I went off to Daisys.

The girls were great and the projects worked out perfectly for the time I was allowed. Here is the first project we did. I had seen this cute cheerleader bear in several places and decided to try it. It uses the Stampin' Up Bear and Clothing dies - you have to cut 2 skirts to get the cheerleader skirt. The Pom Poms and shoe decorations are made with 2 of the flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch and the Y (this cheerleader is in our high school colors) is from the Naturally Serif Decorative Strip Dies. The girls used the Big Shot to cut out the bear and then glued everything together (I cut the other pieces out).

The second project was a card made with the Beary Best Friends & stamp sets. The girls stamped the bear and colored it in with colored pencils. The DSP is Delicate Dots from SAB 2009 scored and folded back. The So Saffron DSP is from the same collection.

These Daisys did a great job and had fun. Ever thought of hosting a Mother-Daughter workshop? They are fun too - these projects are simple to do, but just right for this age. I'm just glad I got to use my Build-a-Bear items again!

Hope you enjoy a little simple stamping and coloring tonight!

1 comment:

Barbara P said...

The projects turned out great. I love the cheerleader bear, very cute!