I hope that you enjoy all of the samples on this tour from the great new 2009-10 Stampin' Up! Catalog & Idea Book. I have chosen the new stamp set "Falling Leaves" and its coordinating wheel "Bright Blessings" for these samples. Enjoy!

This first sample is done with Ruby Red & Soft Suede Cardstock and inks. I used the Soft Suede ink for the jumbo wheel and wheeled it on Naturals Ivory cardstock. I stamped the leaf from the Falling Leaves set in Ruby Red, cut it out and attached it with a dimensional on the wheeled piece. I also used the Big Shot with the Many Thanks Sizzlit for the Thanks letters and attached those with Tombo adhesive. Vintage mini-brads on either side of the Thanks complete this quick card.
My second card uses a technique I haven't really used in a while - Poppin' Pastels. Each leaf from Falling Leaves is stamped in Versamark on Very Vanilla cardstock and then colored with Stampin' Pastels using a sponge dauber (More Mustard, Really Rust, Old Olive and Not Quite Navy). Each leaf is punched with the 1 1/4" circle punch and the coordinating cardstock is punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. The greeting is done the same way with Old Olive from the On Your birthday set and I think this card makes a great fall masculine birthday card (my dad's birthday is in September, so that's why I thought about this card). I used Old Olive cardstock for the base and Textured Chocolate Chip cardstock.My final sample uses the Big Shot again. I used Kraft cardstock with the Top Note die. Then I stamped the leaves in Versamark and embossed them with Clear Embossing powder. I stamped the acorn circle with Chocolate Chip Craft ink and clear embossed it too. The cardstock used is Certainly Celery, Ruby Red, More Mustard and Not Quite Navy and it is torn across the bottom of each image. I also used the 5/8 grosgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip.
I hope that you have enjoyed this taste of fall!









24 comments:
Wonderful cards!
Thanks for participating in this fun tour and for showing how versatile this stamp set is.
Love the different ways you used this stamp set. Thanks for the inspiring eye candy.
This tour is so much fun!
Thank you for sharing your lovely creations!!!
very cute! Thanks for sharing.
Very cute cards.
Dawn-
Beautiful cards. I really love the last one:)
Thanks for sharing!
These leave are just great. I like it with the suede and Kraft.
Sharon L
sharon.lemon@sbcglobal.net
Like your clean style. Thanks for sharing your great projects!
Dawn: Wonderful job. You did so much with this stamp!
Lovely cards! TFS!
I enjoyed your samples! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun!
BEAUTIFUL creations Dawn!
Your projects are beautiful, thank you for sharing with us.
Wow these are great! TFS
like the use of sisslet letters and pastels!
Love your cards - thanks for sharing!
You have great talent. I just love the cards with the leaves. Lovely.
Becky T
Beautiful cards! Now I have to add this to my never-ending wish list. TFS!
Great cards! Thanks for sharing!
Debbie
These are all wonderful and I love the different ways you used the stamp set. Great ideas.
Carey
Super fun projects!!
These cards are AWESOME!!!
Jackie Pritchett
jaclynnmarie@yahoo.com
Love your creations. Thanks for sharing with us.
Post a Comment