Saturday, June 12, 2010

It was a Sweet Celebration for the Stanley Cup Champs!


Hi there Stampers,
Well it's been a busy week and some computer and internet issues have kept me from posting anything new - that and we were busy watching our Chicago Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup! What an exciting week for us as we are champions of the NHL. I know our family had a good time watching all those hockey games and one of my sons and my husband went to the victory parade and rally yesterday.

Now on to some stamping - this was one of the projects we made at last month's "Spring into Summer" stamp camp and I got the inspiration for this on Stampin' Connection, one of the great resources for Stampin' Up demonstrators. Changed up the color scheme and you have this card, which uses the Sweet Scoops set from the Summer Mini and the Island Oasis DSP. I used the Big Shot several times on this project - one was the Texturz Plates to give the Tempting Turquoise card some texture and also to cut the largest circle with the Circles die and the Island Oasis DSP. The colors are Pumplin Pie, Rose Red, So Saffron and Tempting Turquoise and this is a pocket card so I used Stick Strip to put the two layers of Tempting Turquoise togeter. I used Chocolate Chip to stamp the greeting and a Chocolate Chip Marker for the Faux Stitching around the card as well as the 1.25" circle punch for the half circle at the top. The inside card is Whisper White as are all the pieces I stamped the ice cream and cone on. Those were cut out - you can have as many scoops as you want of this ice cream! I used the 1" and .75" circle punches for the accents, as well as a Tempting Turquoise button tied with linen thread. A piece of Pumpkin Pie Striped ribbons accents the greeting and it was indeed a Sweet Celebration here in Chicagoland yesterday for our Blackhawks!

Enjoy!


No comments: